BBRT collects personally identifiable information on certain areas of the Site when users register for the diagnostic, request publications or subscribe to e-mail lists. The personally-identifiable information collected may consist of a unique access ID, company or school affiliations, titles, and contact information, such as names, mailing addresses, e-mail addresses, and telephone and fax numbers. You may have the opportunity to enrol on the Site, in which case we may collect order information and your credit card information in order to facilitate payment.
- What personally identifiable information is collected?
- How may my personally identifiable information be used?
- E-mail newsletters
- E-mail an article
- Are cookies and IP addresses used?
- Is personally identifiable information disclosed to third parties?
- Links to third-party sites
- How can I access, change, and/or delete information?
- Transborder hosting and transfer of information
- Children's on-line privacy protection
- Contact us
BBRT uses your personally identifiable information to fulfil your requests for publications or other information. BBRT also uses personally identifiable information to perform statistical analyses of user behaviour in order to measure interest in specific areas and articles posted on our Site. The e-mail addresses provided at registration allow BBRT to send e-mail to individuals based on the areas of interest that they indicate during the registration process. If you do not wish to receive e-mailed advance notice of articles, simply do not check off any of the subject boxes on the registration page. BBRT uses personally identifiable information collected from cookies and IP addresses as described below to help personalize your view of the Site.
A feature of BBRT On-line membership is staying in touch with the Beyond Budgeting community through regular communications. Enrolment in BB On-line signifies your acceptance of occasional email messages from us. Should you wish to opt-out of membership and the briefings, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If a user elects to use our referral service for informing a friend about our Site or articles, we ask them for the friend's name and e-mail address. We will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the Site. The email will include the referrer's name. We do not keep the name or address of the recipient.
BBRT shall not intentionally disclose (and shall take commercially reasonable steps to prevent the accidental disclosure of) your personally-identifiable information to third parties (i.e., persons or entities that are not affiliates of BBRT), whether for such third parties' marketing purposes or otherwise, subject only to the following five exceptions:
- BBRT may disclose your personally-identifiable information to third parties as required or permitted by the laws, rules, and regulations of any nation, state, or other applicable jurisdiction
- 2. BBRT may disclose your personally-identifiable information to third parties who deliver information from us to you for the purpose of performing such delivery
- BBRT may disclose your personally-identifiable information if, in connection with submitting the information, you consent to such disclosure
- BBRT may disclose contact information for you in response to inquiries by bona-fide rights owners in connection with allegations of infringement of copyright or other proprietary rights arising from information you have posted on the Site or otherwise provided to BBRT
- If BBRT and/or any of its affiliates merges with or sells substantially all of its assets or a majority of its equity to a third party, information collected by BBRT or such affiliates on their Web sites may be disclosed to and owned by the merged entity or third party.
We may provide links to third-party Web sites as a service to our users. In addition, some of the content appearing to be on this Site is in fact supplied by third parties, for example, in instances of framing of third- party Web sites or incorporation through framesets of content supplied by third-party servers. Please be aware that we cannot control and are not responsible for the information collection practices of such third-party Web sites, which may differ from those of this Site. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy policies on these Web sites before providing any information to them.
You may access, correct, update, and/or delete any personally identifiable information that you submitted to the Site. To update or cancel your BBRT On-line membership, or send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
BBRT has implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Only authorized BBRT personnel are provided access to personally identifiable information, and these employees are required to treat this information as confidential. Despite these precautions, BBRT cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will not obtain access to your personally identifiable information.
Personally-identifiable information collected on the Site may be transferred from time to time to BBRT offices located throughout the world, including offices located outside the European Economic Area (EEA), and the Site may be viewed and hosted anywhere in the world, including countries (such as the United States) that may not have laws regulating the use and transfer of personally-identifiable data. By using the Site and submitting such information on it, you voluntarily consent to such transborder transfer and hosting of such information.
BBRT understands the importance of protecting children's privacy, especially in an on-line environment. The Site is not intentionally designed for or directed at children 13 years of age or younger, and BBRT will not intentionally collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of 13.